Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meanderings on a Grey Towel

I bought this towel at Target today for $11.99. It's a Fieldcrest Luxury Bath Towel and it says "100% Supima hygro cotton loops". I have no idea what any of that means, and am too lazy to look it up.

Upon purchasing, it seemed like just another item. But afterwards, something different happened-- I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wanted to touch it in the car-- I couldn't wait to get home and hang it up. For some reason, it became the perfect towel.

I seriously doubt that I've ever owned a grey towel before, so maybe there is some magical combination of grey + towel that equals perfection. Or maybe there is just some artful beauty in the utilitarian items that we have to use everyday, and I caught some special glimpse of it.

More than likely though, I'm just a little nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment