Monday, September 7, 2009

Inside all of us..

After reading this article, I'm more excited than ever about the idea of Where the Wild Things are hitting the big screen. Spike Jonze is a certified genius, and the article really touches well on his ideas of "Wouldn't it be cool if..." that permeates all his films, music videos and advertisements.

This book really affected me as a kid, and I remember it as one of my favorites. The trailer features one of my very favorite Arcade Fire songs off of the Funeral album.

I have a lot of similar ideas to Spike, particularly that "one can skip from fantasy to reality in the conviction that both exist.”, as well as that "there is no difference between childhood and adulthood".

The film comes out October 16th, and it will be one of the few films I see this year in theatres.

No comments:

Post a Comment